My Mom brought me bak kwa from Bee Cheng Hiang the other day. I was at a lost of what I to do with it until my little brother posted a photo of a scrumptious looking salad the other day and I spotted bak kwa on it. So naturally I have got to get the recipe from him :)
Vegetables and Bee Cheng Hiang Bak Kwa Salad
- 1 head lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 Bee Cheng Hiang bak kwa, cut into thin strips
- Salad dressing (mix together the following ingredients)
- 3 tablespoon thousand island
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed
- Place all the salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Once you are ready to server, pour the salad dressing over and gently toss to mix.
- Divide into serving bowls and serve immediately.