This is another amazingly simple and tasty Chinese soup supposedly packed with plenty of health benefits for your body. I am a bit skeptical about the touted benefits but I will never ever refuse a good home made Chinese herbal soup, I simply love them all. They are all so different and yet so amazingly delicious, and almost always, ridiculously easy to make. So here goes :)
Bean Curd and Shiitake Pork Ribs Soup
5.0 from 3 reviews
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
- 500 gram pork ribs
- 2 liter water
- 3 dried bean curd sticks
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 12 dried jujube fruits (Chinese: hong zao)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Soak dried bean curd sticks and dried shiitake mushrooms in hot boiling water for 1 hour. Tear bean curd sticks into 1 inch lengths and cut shiitake into 4 wedges.
- Place pork ribs and water in a soup pot and let it boil for 15 minutes. Ladle off the scum to get a clear soup.
- Add bean curd, shiitake, jujube fruit, and salt and bring to another boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until all the ingredients are tender and fully cooked.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.